Get Ready For a Heaping Helping of CHADJanuary 30, 2016
Hello, and a happy Friday to you all in Internet land! Today is a day I have anxiously a-waiting for the last 18 months! Yes, today, in the pages of Forces of Good and Evil we begin the Chad Little epic “Plain History.” Join Chad as he roams across the Great and High Plains and westward to uncover the Mysteries his mother only alluded to in “Parent’s Day.”
Chad has really been through a lot since page 1, from self professed villain to something else. It has been a real pleasure for me, and the whole works has taken on twists I never saw coming, and few we had planned all along. More than a month ago, we promised a Chad-ssential reading list, to get you all up to speed before diving into this latest saga!
- The beginning is always a great place to start, and “Aptitude” is our beginning; but it doesn’t really get to the heart of who Chad is.
- I’d say that really starts with “Five Stages,” where Chad has to face his predicament straight on.
- In “Gym Class: Hijinks and Hi-Jacks” we see Chad and his hero school comrades in a class, and see them starting to gel.
- In the short “24/7 Mart—Trading Punches” Chad and Greg share some quality time, and Chad meets Jagged Princess for the first time. And what a time it is!
- “Blunt Instruments, or The Curious Tale of Chaddington Little” continues the theme, and shows how, not only is Chad accepted by his new friends, but starts to value them. Just a little.
- Our next stop in “Day in the Life pt 2: Chad Gets a Girl.” In Part 1, the villain students find themselves spending a week displaced and at hero school. In this chapter, Chad and Jagged Princess end up seeing each other in a new light.
- Jagged Princess is the main focus of “Happy Birthday, All Your Friends Are Here,” but she gets a vital assist from the ever-more heroic Chad.
- Chad’s new resolve is challenged in “The Hero’s Path.”
- And we round out out little tour with “Parent’s Day.” It is the eponymous event at the Jack Cole Institute of Super Heroics, and Chad is accompanied by his Parents. But while Chad is snatched away by Jagged Princess, his mother and an old friend stop a rampaging robot;
which leaves Chad with a whole series of questions!
And that Brings us up to now, and “Plain History.” The story starts next week with Part 1, and it is a doozy. Before I go, though, I wanted to share this alternate cover art done by Rolf Gerdau. Look forward to more art from this notable local talent, and Happy Reading!